Wood Fencing in Tuscaloosa AL
Hire A Reliable Wood Fence Contractor For All Your Fencing Needs
Are you considering installing a wood fence in your home and comparing wooden fencing contractors? In Alabama, it isn’t easy to top the classic charm of a wood privacy fence. Wood fences have a great visual appeal, whether you’re enclosing a backyard for increased privacy or outlining a front yard with a pretty picket fence. American Fence Company is a fence company that offers a large assortment of high-quality fences in many styles. We can help you construct residential gates or fences that meet your tastes and budget, from simple styles to unique solutions.
All of our wood fences in Tuscaloosa are custom-built board by board using high-quality, pressure-treated pine or cedar lumber. Available in privacy and picket styles, your options with wood are limitless.
Ask about our steel gate frame systems which totally eliminate the maintenance problems commonly associated with wood fencing gates.
We also have services for installation and repair of chain link fences, aluminum fencing, maintenance of a vinyl fence, and more. Contact us today for information about our services and how we can help protect your privacy and safety.
Choose Good Wood Fencing in Tuscaloosa
Wood fencing is still one of the most popular when choosing a fence for your home or business. It provides privacy and security while also adding to the aesthetic appeal of your property. And when you work with a reputable company like ours, you can be sure that your fence will be built to last. We use only the highest quality materials for our wood fences, and our experienced team of fence builders has the skills and expertise to get the job done right.
ADVANTAGES OF CHOOSING WOOD FENCING
Wood fence has long been a popular choice, with several advantages ranging from durability to affordability. Here are some of the main reasons customers pick American Fence Company for wood fences:
- Natural material: Wood is a classic, beautiful fencing material used for centuries. A wood fence provides a natural look that can complement any property type or design.
- Privacy: Wood fence, designed to hide undesirable views and increase privacy, allows you to spend time outside without being watched by neighbors or passers-by.
- Longevity: A wood fence can last 20 years or more with proper installation and care. Wood is also easy to repair if it becomes damaged.
- Enhanced curb appeal: A wood fence or gate may significantly improve your home’s appearance in the eyes of potential purchasers, improving curb appeal and value.
- Customizable: Wood fences can be customized to any height, width, or design. Wood is easy to paint or stain to get the perfect look for your property.
- Style versatility: Do you like a horizontal fence or a vertical fence? Wood fences are available in various colors, hues, designs, and sizes, making it simple to locate or construct one that complements your property.
- Pet and child safety: You create a safe zone for animals and children by enclosing your yard or property.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are treated materials safe for my family and pets?
Just use industry-approved ACQ-treated posts. Stay clear of using CCA (Copper Chromate Arsenic) materials. Look for a tag at either end of the post or inquire with your fence contractor if you’re unsure how the materials are coated.
- Do I need to stain wood fencing?
To maintain the color and for added protection, consider staining your fence within six weeks of installation. Hire only insured professional staining contractors. You must also anticipate staining your fence every 2-3 years.
- How long can wood fencing be expected to last?
Our wood privacy fence in Tuscaloosa AL is expected to last at least 10 years and up to 30 years with proper maintenance.
- Does wood fence rot?
Wood fencing can rot, but this is typically only an issue with lower-quality lumber that has not been appropriately treated. American Fence Company only uses high-quality, pressure-treated lumber to build our wood fences, so you can rest assured that your fence will last.
- How often should I stain or seal my wood fence?
Depending on the type of wood and the environment, you may need to stain or seal your fence every one to three years.
- Can I pressure wash my wood fence?
Pressure washing can damage the wood, so it is not recommended.
- Does a wood fence block road noise?
Wood fences can help to reduce road noise, but they will not eliminate it. If you are looking for a fence to block road noise, we recommend installing a masonry or concrete fence.
- What is the difference between pre-built and custom-built wood fences?
Pre-built wood fences are mass-produced and may not be as sturdy as custom-built fences. Custom-built wood fences are made to order and are built to last.
Contact American Fence Company to Learn More about Wood Fencing in Tuscaloosa AL
Whether you need a new fence for your home or business or want to repair or replace an existing one, our team at American Fence Company is here to help. We offer a wide range of fencing services, including wood fencing, chain link fences, aluminum fences, and more. We also provide fence repair and maintenance services.